Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Darned Quilt for Walter

Here's the short english version of what I wrote below about the "Darned Quilt for Walter". This quilt - or maybe this peace of art? still working on that one ... - is a result of a class I took at www.quiltuniversity.com. The teacher is Dena Crain, and she did a wonderful job on guiding her students through all the steps of her innovative technique. It is a lot of work, and it is time-consuming. BUT - the results are great, and it is so much fun to see how the quilt develops.
The quilt is basted to a stretcher frame. That one was painted by Jens, my DH. It was the first time we teamed up for creating art - and I'm looking forward to doing it again!
We gave this green-purple beauty away as a birthday present to Jens' Uncle Walter. He looked as if he was pleased to receive it (I know he was, I'm just kidding !).
Now I have another idea for a darned quilt in my head - who could sent me some time over do actually do it ???

No comments: