Friday, August 06, 2010

Don't tell Gina and Basti

Picture from: http://planetsave.com/2009/04/26/sea-otter-acquires-1000-facebook-friends/
but if you would ask me what my favourite animal is - it would be the California Sea Otter. I fell in love when I first saw them at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and I'm still fascinated by these cuties. Thanks to modern technology, I can get a fix of animal cuteness while sitting on my couch. Recently I found this page about a four month old otter rescued to Monterey Bay Aquarium - it has a video ... Isn't she cute ???
Erzählt es nicht meinen Katzen, aber wenn mich jemand fragt, was denn nun mein Lieblingstier ist - es wäre der kalifornische Seeotter. In diese Individualisten habe ich mich spontan im Monterey Bay Aquarium verguckt, und sie faszinieren mich bis heute. Dank der modernen Technologie kann ich mir einen gelegentlichen Fix "Otter-gucken" holen, während ich zu Hause auf der Couch sitze. Neulich bin ich auf dieser Seite gelandet - es geht um einen vier Monaten jungen Seeotter, den Helfer ins Monterey Bay Aquarium gebracht haben. Die Seite hat sogar ein Video - ist die junge Dame nicht einfach oberniedlich?

2 comments:

Marj said...

I used to live near Monterey and also love the sea otters. Found your blog today and found it interesting. Will be watching to see how the quilt you are working on turns out.
Happy Quilting from Aiken, South Carolina, USA

corinnea said...

Yep, that was one of our favorite things to do too when we lived there. Once saw a man teaching a baby otter how to eat. Very fun.