Saturday, September 11, 2010

Starting to finish the ufo ...

As I still liked the bottom right edge after a good night's sleep, I started putting the top together. Remember that I mentioned the part for the bottom left corner would be way to big? This pictures shows how much I had to cut off - lesson learnt: when cutting without pattern and ruler, always add at least 1" - and another half ;-)) That might be exactly what's needed in the end ...
Nachdem ich am nächsten Tag die rechte untere Ecke immer noch mochte, habe ich mich ans Zusammennähen des Tops gemacht. Erinnert Ihr Euch noch an meine Unkerei, daß das Stück für die linke untere Ecke wohl viel zu breit sein dürfte? Dieses Bild zeigt, wieviel ich tatsächlich abschneiden mußte. Die Lektion daraus: beim freien Schneiden immer noch ein Inchlein zugeben - und dann noch ein halbes ;-)) Das könnte exakt das Material sein, das dann später mal benötigt wird ...

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I really love all the curvy lines. I am so tempted to try this with a bunch of my scraps. It's going to be such a fun quilt.

John'aLee said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to show the process. I love that several of us have taken the 'Design Process Pledge'. I think it gives our customers a little insight to what we go through to develop the quilts and patterns we come up with. Great blog.

corinnea said...

How cool that you are almost done! I love seeing the last two tries you made and really like your final choice. I am so glad you let us see your process.