Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jens has a new love in his life ...

And it is my Embellisher! He just wanted "to try that machine" - the result was the little square in the middle. He liked the result and he loved working with the embellisher, so he mounted the little piece on a bigger one (the red square on point) and after that, he felted those joint two pieces onto another piece. He felted red and yellow wool onto the cotton fabrics, and the fine dark line is acrylic paint. Do you see how the corners are not felted down, but coming up? The effect is stunning - and I'm pretty sure Jens will "borrow" my embellisher again ;-))
Jens' neue Liebe ... ist meine Filzmaschine. Er wollte die Maschine "nur mal ausprobieren" - das Ergebnis war das kleine Quadrat in der Mitte. Das Ergebnis gefiel ihm, und die Maschinenfilzerei gefiel ihm auch, also wurde das kleine Quadrat auf ein größeres aufgefilzt (das rote Quadrat auf der Spitze) und danach filzte er diese zwei bereits verbundenen Stücke auf ein weiteres Stück Stoff. Die roten und gelben Wollfasern sind aufgefilzt, und die feine schwarze Linie ist Acrylfarbe. Seht Ihr, wie die Ecken jeweils nicht runtergefilzt sind, sondern hochstehen? Das ergibt einen genialen Effekt - und ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, daß Jens sich meine Filzmaschine sicher mal wieder "ausleihen" wird ;-))

6 comments:

Kit Lang said...

oh my gosh - that's amazing! Perhaps Jens needs an embellisher for Christmas next year!

Melissa said...

I'll bet he had a lot of fun with this project! It is lovely:) Can I come play, too?

María Cristina said...

Admirable su creatividad para lograr esta hermosa pieza y jugar con materiales diversos!!!
Saludos!!!
Wonderful creativity to make this beautiful piece and play with different materials!
Greetings!

Liz Schaffner said...

WOW for a "guy" he did great LOL..who am I kidding, for an Artist he did great !
I see you have opened a "Pandora's Box" and there is no keeping Jens out of your studio!
Can I also come & Play! LOL
Hugs,Liz

quilthexle said...

Melissa, Liz, just let me know when you'll arrive - people who love to play are always welcome at our home ;-)) anybody else in the mood to play??

Corinnea said...

I think it's so cool that he joins in too.. I like the results!