Monday, January 24, 2011

One Thing - One Week Challenge: Inge's Nine Patches

Amy hosts One Thing - One Week Challenge, already for the sixth time. This time I just had to join - I wanted to finish these red nine-patches, they will go to Inge. She asked for all red fabrics, mostly muted / dark. And we are supposed to use mostly our own hand-dyed fabrics ... oh my ... I have lots and lots of brights, orange or pinkish colored hand-dyed fabrics, but muted red??? Some of the other girls had fabrics Inge is looking for, and so we swapped strips. And Inge allowed us to use batiks or commercial fabrics as well. To me, these ninepatches look great - can't wait to see what Inge does with them!

Amy macht einmal im Monat einen Challenge "Eine Woche - mach was fertig!" Und jetzt mußte ich einfach mitmachen. Diese roten Nine-Patches werden Inge gehören. Sie möchte gerne lauter rote Stoffe, vorzugsweise dunkle, gedämpfte Töne. Und natürlich sollen wir hauptsächlich unsere eigenen handgefärbten Stoffe benutzen. Au weia - ich habe jede Menge kräftige Farben, und orange und pinkige Handgefärbte, aber gedämpftes Rot? Fehlanzeige ... Ein paar der anderen Mädels hatten die Farbtöne, die Inge gerne haben möchte, und dann haben wir Streifen ausgetauscht. Außerdem hat Inge uns erlaubt, auch Batiks oder normale Patchworkstoffe zu benutzen. Jetzt bin ich sehr zufrieden mit dem Ergebnis - und ich bin schon sehr gespannt, was Inge aus diesen Kleinoden machen wird!

8 comments:

Tanya said...

I love how you put so much of yourself in your quilts. They truly are art. They are beautiful! I don't know who Inge is, but she's one lucky lady to have other people making her nine patches for her. :)

Kit Lang said...

you know how much I love monochromatic quilts - this makes me so happy - it's my favourite colour after all!

sukie said...

I love 9patches and red! Can't wait to see the finished product.

momto2wasd said...

It's lovely!!

Corinnea said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt! Maybe you can post the finished piece too??

Julie Fukuda said...

That is an amazing collection of reds. I sure would love to see what your friend does with them!

Suzanne said...

The nine patches came out so well. Hurray for you!

Susanne said...

Tolle Farben!