Thursday, March 24, 2011

Starting a new Journal Quilt

After using a pen on paper, I felt a bit adventurous - and tried my luck on fabric (with a special fabric pen). The pen is nothing fancy, this might be the reason why the colour runs. The fabric is ironed to a piece of freezer paper to stabilize it - otherwise drawing on it would probably not work. I think I'll use this piece for my next journal quilt. Something interesting: I took a picture to show you here. When I checked it, I thought - something is missing. So the second picture shows a slightly altered version - do you agree it looks "better"?
Nachdem ich mich mit meinem Filzer auf Papier ausgetobt hatte, wurde ich mutiger - und versuchte mich mal auf Stoff (mit einem Stoffmalstift). Dieser Stift ist nix Besonderes - vielleicht ist das der Grund, warum er ausläuft ...  Den Stoff habe ich auf Freezer Paper aufgebügelt, sonst wäre das mit dem Zeichnen vermutlich nicht gegangen. Und das Versucherle wird sich wohl in meinen nächsten Journal Quilt verwandeln!
Dabei ist was Interessantes passiert: nachdem ich ein Bild für diesen Post gemacht hatte, dachte ich - da fehlt noch was. Also zeigt das zweite Bild eine leicht abgewandelte Version - findet Ihr auch, daß es "besser" aussieht?

6 comments:

Kit Lang said...

Funny! I've been drawing on quilts with fabric markers the last couple of days too!(Seta scrib). :)

Madalene Murphy said...

What a great idea! I've been working in my sketchbook as well and the idea of transferring the drawing to the fabric rather than cutting pieces of fabric to make the drawing makes me think of all sorts of possibilities. I've obviously been thinking too narrowly. Great design and I do like it better with the darkened piece in the upper corner.

julie said...

That is an awesome idea! I agree that the second one has a little more interest :)

PS. Please email me your mailing address, so I can send you an elephant pin cushion! My email is at the bottom right of my blog's homepage. Thanks!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

You're so creative! Thanks for sharing your secret with us! ;)

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Creative Blog Award.

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

~Deirdra

Filled with quilty goodness said...

I can't tell what's different between the two pictures, but the black spots look like cats.
Sleeping cats, jumping cats, stretching cats, all cats