Tuesday, April 05, 2011

6th Journal Quilt - here's the start!

After I had fun with drawing my shapes for my 5th Journal Quilt I wondered whether I could stitch those shapes? By hand? with a metallic thread? Here's the proof - I was able to do it, and again, it was a lot of fun!
Nachdem ich beim Zeichnen meiner Linien für meinen fünften Journal Quilt so einen Spaß hatte, überlegte ich, ob ich diese Linien nicht auch sticken könnte? Von Hand? mit einem Metallic-Garn? Hier ist der Beweis - ja, ich konnte das, und auch das hat einen Riesenspaß gemacht!

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Hi, I am an amateur quilter, and have only been quilting seriously for the last 12 years. I do lap quilting and have made full quilts for all five grandchildren, baby quilts for all seven great grandchildren. I enjoyed your posts. Thanks. Ruby

Madalene Murphy said...

You did it! I am impressed again. Will you tackle coloring in some of the spaces?

Marj said...

At first glance I thought you had stitched the design with beads. It looks good.

quilthexle said...

Oh oh oh, Madalene, obviously you can read my mind ;-)) I did coloring my drawings when I was a kid, and with this one, it came to my mind, too. Stay tuned ;-))