Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Occasional 2 - a glimpse at the upper left corner


"Occasional 2" is making good progress. I was working on the upper left corner, and pinned the piece I had just sewed together back on the design wall ... stepped back ... and did so NOT like what I saw. The two "focus pieces" were way too close together, and the nine patches on the left side dominated in a bad way. Sigh ...
"Occasional 2" kommt ganz gut voran. Die obere linke Ecke hatte ich gerade fertig genäht, und das Teil wieder zurück an die DesignWand gepinnt. Ein Schritt zurück - ne, so geht das aber gar nicht! Die beiden "Fokus Rechtecke" waren viel zu dicht beieinander, und die nine patches links dominierten auf ungute Art und Weise. Was nun?
Maybe I could turn the just pieced patches around? Yes - now I like my upper left corner a lot better!
Was wohl passiert, wenn ich das gerade zusammengesetzte Teil einfach mal drehe? jaaaa - so gefällt mir meine obere linke Ecke doch schon viel besser ;-))

6 comments:

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Thank goodness for a design wall, I have a few that I need to take apart :-(

Marj said...

Funny how one simple change of layout can make such a difference. I like how the piece is coming together.

Lynn said...

What a fun piece this is going to be!

tinaquilt said...

So sieht das wirklich besser aus. Gerecht verteilt :o)

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are stunningly beautiful! Glad I got a chance to check out your blog through the giveaway.

Sharon said...

I think it's looking good. It will all come together eventually. It's always a process to make it work.