Sunday, June 26, 2011

Journal Quilt No 9

Again, I finished a handstitched Journal Quilt. At a quiltshow in Karlsruhe I bought several embroidery threads - here I used two of them. The fabric is a very thin (as in: used ...) linen, and therefore, this Journal quilt measures only 5,5" square. Doing handstitching is pretty addicting ... this will not be the last Journal Quilt you'll see with embroidery ;-))
Und wieder habe ich einen von bestickten Journal Quilt fertiggestellt ... Bei der Nadelwelt in Karlsruhe habe ich einige Handstickgarne gekauft, und hier habe ich zwei davon ausprobiert. Allerdings ist der Stoff (Leinen) ziemlich dünn (oder auch: recht alt und gebraucht ...), und deswegen ist dieser Journal Quilt jetzt nur 5,5" im Quadrat. Das Handgestickele ist irgendwie einigermaßen faszinierend ... ihr werdet sicher noch mehr Journal Quilts mit Stickerei sehen ;-))

5 comments:

Deborah in Atlanta said...

How beautiful your journal quilt is. And what a kick I get out of reading your blog. I used to live in Bad Schonborn (for some reason, I can't get the umlaut to display). Anyway, when I lived there, we used to go to Bruchsal with family that came from teh US to see the illusion palace. And I remember going to the museum in Karlsruhe. Yet another reason I love reading your blog - an added bonus to remember my time there, in addition to seeing your beautiful handwork.

Marj said...

I looked back to see the other journal quilts and I like them all. Each is a work of art and love. This current one is a beautiful color. Is there a certain number you are making? or are you just numbering them?
The last post showed a mounted quilt and yes it is a beautiful piece of art and I am sure that someone would like to purchase it.

Kit said...

What a beautiful colour, Frauke.

I'm so incredibly behind on my journal quilts, it's ridiculous!

I must find some time to make them.

Happy Sunday!

Madalene Murphy said...

Beautiful, beautiful color and I love the hand stitching--I find I am addicted to it, too.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Frauke .. love this - wish I had the patience .. just a wonderful hobby to have, I guess.

I found a postcard in my mother's collection - it's of "Flower Wreath and Stars, NY" (circa 1865) Applique and Pieced. It's in the Yakima Valley Museum and Historical Association ...

This is the link - I couldn't find the actual one .. but thought you might be interested ...

http://yakimamemory.org/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1=any&CISOBOX1=quilt&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=all

Interesting part of America ..

Every time I see a quilt - I think of you!! Cheers for now .. Hilary