Monday, June 06, 2011

Occasional 2 - this bothers me ...

While I pieced the top together, I kept looking at the dark blue-purple strip with the white-black triangle at the top left corner. It does not look right ... it bothered me. So, out came the seam ripper, my trusted friend ;-)) I removed that part.
Während ich das Top zusammensetzte, fiel mein Blick immer wieder auf den dunklen blau-violetten Streifen mit dem weiß-schwarzen Dreieck an der oberen linken Ecke. Der sah einfach nicht richtig aus ... auch Anstarren half da nicht wirklich. Also, her mit dem Nahttrenner, meinem liebsten Freund ;-)) und der Streifen kam raus!
For a new solution I got the scraps of the focus fabric out again and started to work with them.
Vom Hauptstoff sind noch Reste übrig - die habe ich vorgekramt und damit was Neues angefangen.
And now this area looks like this - after I resewed it all ... To me, it looks a lot better!
Und so sieht der Bereich jetzt aus, nachdem ich den Ersatz eingenäht hatte. Ich finde, das ist eine deutliche Verbesserung!

7 comments:

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Wow, great fix!

Lynn said...

It looked fine to me in the first picture. Then I saw your fix. Much better.

Madalene Murphy said...

Yes, that was a good change. Can't wait to see the finished piece. How big is it?

Marj said...

Funny how it is so easy to spot an area that bugs us only after it is all sewn together. The second version does look better. Good thing you knew how to fix it. Keep up the good work creating.

Corinnea said...

I do like it better now but if I'd not seen your improvement I would have liked it before!

quilthexle said...

Madalene, right now I only know it's bigger than Occasional 1 ... will measure it soon! I'm pretty glad that I don't have a deadline looming for this quilt ... that gives me the time to rework areas that just don't look right to me. As my rule of thumb, when I find myself staring at the same area for the third time in a row, then I know something is not as I want it to be. So, I try to change it - this time, the change was a good one with my first try ;-))

tinaquilt said...

Das sieht eindeutig besser aus. Allerdings, hättest du nicht drauf hin gewiesen, hätte ich es wohl nicht bemerkt