Saturday, July 30, 2011

After digging through my stash of hand-dyed fabrics ...

... I found a color I thought would fit this art quilt better than the light blue patterned patchwork fabric. And I started to set some strips from the shirting fabric into a strip of this hand-dyed fabric. Yes - looks good to me!
Nachdem ich meine handgefärbten Stöffchen nochmal durchgeguckt hatte bin ich auf einen Stoff gestoßen, der zu diesem Art Quilt sicherlich besser passen sollte als der helle gemusterte Patchworkstoff. Und dann habe ich angefangen, einige Streifen aus dem Hemdenstoff in einen Streifen des handgefärbten Stoffes einzusetzen. Ja, sieht für meine Augen gut aus !

4 comments:

Deirdra Eden-Coppel said...

You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
~Deirdra

Lynn said...

Looks good to me too! Can't wait to see more.

Sharon said...

That looks great! I love how you've used the stripe both ways. This is going to be interesting!

Madalene Murphy said...

I do like the blue better, but I am always partial to hand-dyes.