Sunday, July 10, 2011

Started Journal Quilt No 11

When I started my Journal Quilts one of my goals was to try things out. Recently I got fascinated by stripes ... and of course, I had to give it a try. Remember my Journal Quilts are supposed to be 6" square? What you see here - is 5". And I'm still wondering what happened ... and what I should do no? One thing I know now for sure - precision piecing is not my piece of cake ;-))
Als ich mit meinen Journal Quilts anfing, war eins meiner Ziele "einfach mal ausprobieren". In der letzten Zeit haben mich Streifen fasziniert - und ich wollte da mal ein bißchen was ausprobieren. Nun sollen meine Journal Quilts ja 6" / 15cm im Quadrat sein ... was ihr hier seht, ist aber gerade mal 5" / 12,5 cm im Quadrat. Und ich bin noch immer unschlüssig, was da wieder passiert ist - und was ich nun tun soll? Sicher ist jedenfalls schon mal eines - superpräzises Piecing ist einfach nicht mein Ding ...

6 comments:

Marj said...

I kind of like the distortion that is created by the stripes when they don't match up perfectly. You can always add a border to get the final size you need. It will be fun to see the finished piece.

Kit said...

Precision piecing is not MY piece of cake either; so you're in good company! ;)

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

A great combination of flowers and stripes. I tell my students that there us no "wrong" in patchwork, just different artistic interpretation!

Lynn said...

Diagonal seams take up more lengthwise space than it seems they should. That is probably why this turned out smaller than anticipated. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it being smaller. It looks great as is!

Corinnea said...

Stripes are fun in clothing too and sometimes drive me crazy! I like your piece. The flowers against the dark bold stripes is very appealing.

murgelchen said...

Ha, willkommen in meiner Welt.

LG,
Helga