Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And now back to the Second Golden Print Quilt!

Remember how I added some strips from the striped fabric? I liked that good enough to do it on the second side, too. Yes, that's ok. Than I wanted to add some red and golden strips. And started with two golden strips on the right. My assistant Gina checked it out with me - and we both agreed, no, two golden strips in that position just don't look right, one would be enough. How glad I was that the longer blue strip was so long that I just could take the offending second golden strip out ;-))
Erinnert ihr euch noch daran, daß ich einige Streifen aus dem gestreiften Stoff eingesetzt habe? Das gefiel mir gut genug, daß ich's auf der 2. Seite auch gemacht habe - ja, schaut gut aus. Dann wollte ich rote und goldene Streifen einsetzen. Angefangen habe ich mit zwei goldenen Streifen rechts. Und dann haben meine Assistentin Gina und ich uns das angeguckt - ne sieht nicht richtig aus mit zwei Streifen, einer wäre genug gewesen. Da war ich dann doch echt froh, daß der blaue selbstgefärbte Stoffstreifen lang genug war, daß ich den anrüchigen zweiten goldenen Streifen problemlos rausnehmen konnte ;-))
...
 The second picture shows the strips at the top and at the right side with all the inset strips. What do you think? Just right - or too much? or not enough? And yes, it's not yet finished ;-))
Das zweite Bild zeigt die Streifen oben und rechts mit allen eingesetzten Streifen. Was denkt ihr? Grad richtig? oder zu viel? oder doch zu wenig? Und ja ... da kommt noch was dran, ist noch nicht fertig ;-))

3 comments:

Tina said...

I like the strips, but because the center strips are not straight have you thought about making one of the border strips diagonal also?

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Vielleicht auch noch ein Streifen der durchs Ganze geht, also "Bild" und "Rahmen" verbindet? Der hellblaue Stoff ist übrigens gut, anfangs hattest du aber ein anderes hellblau gezeigt, oder?

Sharon said...

This is looking good. But I like Tina's suggestion too. I think it would tie the center and the border together to have at least one of the strips be on the same diagonal as in the center. Just a thought . . .

Your class sounds interesting. I wrestle with fear in my quilting too. I'll have to take a look at that class!