Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New project - the fabrics I picked!

Two weeks ago some friends and me dyed fabrics. I did some "Color by Accident" by Ann Johnston - I just love that technique! When I dyed fabrics before, I always wondered how they were layered in the process, so this time, I marked them - with a pentel textile writer. It worked wonderful - as you see in the first picture ;-))
Vor 2 Wochen haben einige Freundinnen und ich Stoffe gefärbt. Dabei habe ich mal wieder nach der Methode "Color by Accident" von Ann Johnston gefärbt. Wenn ich das früher gemacht habe, hätte ich immer zu gerne gewußt, in welcher Reihenfolge die Stoffe während des Färbeprozesses im Behälter lagen ... diesmal hab ich sie ganz einfach beschriftet. Und zwar mit einem Pentel Textilmarker - das klappt ganz wunderbar, wie man im ersten Bild sieht ;-))

While I'm procastinating about the quilting of my Second Golden Print Quilt, I decided to do something with my handdyed fabrics. I added a white solid and a multicolored batik fabric to the mix - and I like this selection pretty much!
Während ich noch vor mich hinzögere, wie ich den Second Golden Print Quilt denn nun quilten will ... dachte ich, mach doch mal was mit den Handgefärbten! Dazu habe ich noch einen weißen Unistoff und einen ganz bunten Batikstoff ausgesucht - und ich finde, die passen ganz wunderbar zusammen!

5 comments:

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Great fabric choices, looking forward to seeing what you create!

Corinnea said...

I have been thinking about trying to dye stuff again. It's been a long time though...
Love the start on your newest project!

Kit said...

Wonderful! Can't wait to see what you make from them. :P

Marie said...

I think it's gorgeous!! I love the play of the different colours against each other. Fabulous!

Tina said...

They look good together, now I am curious what you will make with it.