Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some nine-patches made from my hand-dyed fabrics

It's finally SUMMER over here, and they say it's going to stay for a while. So, I'm not getting a lot of sewing done right now. But at least I finished the first blocks of my new quilt ... and took a picture outside in the evening sun. I love how the colors almost glow!
Hurra, endlich Sommer, und die Wettervorhersage sagt sogar, das bleibt ein Weilchen so! Da wird's nicht so richtig viel mit dem Nähen ... Aber zumindest habe ich ein paar Blöcke von meinem neuen Quilt fertiggekriegt - und draußen in der Abendsonne ein Bild gemacht. Bin ganz begeistert, wie die Farben fast zu glühen scheinen!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, those are sooo pretty! You're right, they do seem to glow!

Sharon said...

Great blocks! I love 9-patches, and I think hand-dyed fabric are so fun to work with. Your picture is a good one too. The color looks so good on this.

I really like the addition of the folded triangles to the border on the painted quilt. That worked great!

Kit said...

Beautiful!

(And "finally summer"? How depressing for me - I remember you were posting spring flowers while we were deep in snow, and now we've got two or three weeks of summer left and we're done.) *le wah*

tinaquilt said...

Schaut gut aus, ich bin gespannt auf die Fortsetzung

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Those colours look so warm! And they look perfect with the White. Enjoy your summer, at least it isn't raining here today!

Tina said...

This is a great combination, the 9-patch and the white to offset the colors. Looking forward to seeing the finished top.

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

ich war skeptisch mit dem weißen Stoff als du neulich die Kombination gezeigt hast, aber das sieht super aus. An dem Leuchten der Farben ist der sicher auch beteiligt...

Corinnea said...

So pretty! It reminds me of the sunsets there. I loved watching the sky turn from blue to the warm colors and then to shades of purple....