Saturday, August 20, 2011

What to do ...

... when the husband is having fun with trains, the neighbors are on holiday (which means, the shared carport is empty) and it is finally summer? Yes ... the perfect opportunity to do some fabric dying! Here's my setup ...
Was tue ich bloß, wenn mein Mann sich im Harz mit Zügen amüsiert, die Nachbarn im Urlaub sind (und damit der gemeinsame Carport leer ist) und es außerdem endlich Sommer ist? Ja - die perfekte Gelegenheit zum Stoffe färben! So sieht mein Arbeitsplatz aus ...

And this picture shows some of the fabrics curing in the soda solution ... I can hardly wait to see how they will look like when they are washed, dried and ironed !

Und dieses Bild zeigt einige der Stoffe, wie sie in der Soda-Lösung fixieren ... ich kann's kaum abwarten, wie die Stoffe aussehen, wenn sie gewaschen, getrocknet und gebügelt sind!

8 comments:

María Cristina said...

Muy buena oportunidad!!
A solas es el momento ideal para teñir telas!
Hermoso el bloque de nueve parches!!
Abrazos desde el invierno en Tandil, Argentina.

Sharon said...

Wow, what fun! You have a great set-up there. I'm thinking that since we're having nice, sunny weather, I should get out and do that too. We even have enough sun that I could do some sun-printing too.

Julie said...

I can't wait either Frauke! What a lovely playground! :-)

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What fun. Can I come and play?

QUILT ROUTES said...

Lucky you having a summer!!
Those colours look great. Looking forward to the reveal.
Deborah

Tina said...

It looks like fun, it is fun. I am excited to see your colors. Took me a few days to get the blue spots off my belly the last time we dyed fabrics. But is was so wonderful to spend the day with you all.

Corinnea said...

I'm laughing now, reading about Tina with blue on her belly!
Very cool set up, looks like fun!

Liz Schaffner said...

Oh my God... shivers run down my back when I see these pictures...I have flash backs of us dyeing together...I will never forget my blue hands & feet.
Glad to see you do much better without me :-)
Hugs,Liz