Monday, October 10, 2011

Finished and mounted: the "Second Golden Print Quilt"!!

Finally ... I finished this art quilt, and yesterday, I mounted it to a canvas my DH had painted. And wow - that makes a difference!  The quilting was done freestyle, as usual ;-)) The only thing I knew when I started quilting was that I wanted to emphasize the golden splotches on the painted part. Everything else was the result of "What-if" - I just let it happen. And in the end, it looks good to me!
Size: 28,5" square / 72 cm - Quadrat
Endlich - dieser Art Quilt ist fertig, und gestern habe ich ihn von Hand auf einen Canvas aufgenäht, den Jens vorher bemalt hat. Mannomann, das macht einen Unterschied! Gequiltet habe ich wie üblich "im freien Flug" ;-)) Als ich mit dem Quilten anfing, wußte ich nur, daß ich die goldenen Kleckse im Mittelteil betonen wollte. Alles andere kam dann mehr oder weniger spontan zustande. Und zu guter Letzt sieht das ziemlich gut für mich aus ;-))

9 comments:

mamarazza said...

Wow! Frauke der sieht SUPER aus, auf den freu ich mich im Original.
Du weißt ja wann ich Geburtstag habe.... ;-)
Conny

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Frauke .. very talented .. and I love the finished look - such fun to do and complete .. well done. Cheers Hilary

QUILT ROUTES said...

Lovely! I really like the way the border emphasises the colours used in the centre. How big is it?
Deborah

Diane Wright said...

Looks good to me too!

Lynn said...

Looks great to me!

Sabine said...

Superschön!
Grüßle, Sabine

Kit Lang said...

This is GORGEOUS Frauke! (and I hope you do a tutorial on how to mount soon!)

*hint, hint!*

Sharon said...

Beautiful! I think it came out great, and I love the way you mounted it too.

Beverley said...

That is so beautiful! I love the freestyle work some people do. I'm so fascinated by a mixture of colour and texture, it reminds me of rumaging through flee markets for some antique treasure (I LOVE doing that!) It looks like every time you look at it you would see something new. How lovely! x