Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy day

See my happy grin? Look at the book in my hands ... it's opened to a page where MY QUILT "Don't you love a good mystery, too?" is shown !! Yes ... my quilt is in Rayna Gilman's new book "Create your own free-form quilts" ;-))
Rayna and me met last year at FoQ in Birmingham, GB at a SAQA meeting and became facebook friends. She emailed me, told me she liked my quilt (yippie !!!) and asked if I would send it to her, so she could published my quilt in her new book. Of course !! I sent it to her ... and yesterday, a friend at our guild meeting had the book already and showed it to me. Can you see I'm excited ??? I will get a signed copy by Rayna  ... it's on its way, but it's not here yet ...
Bild: Conny Seemann
Seht ihr mein glückliches Grinsen? Guckt mal auf das Buch in meinen Händen ... das ist auf einer Seite aufgeschlagen, auf der MEIN QUILT "Don't oyu love a good mystery, too?" abgebildet ist ! Ja - mein Quilt ist in Rayna Gilmans neuem Buch "Create your own free-form quilts" ;-))
Rayna habe ich letztes Jahr beim Festival of Quilts in Birmingham bei einem SAQA Treffen kennengelernt, danach wurden wir Facebook-Freundinnen. Sie mailte mich an, um mir mitzuteilen, daß ihr mein Quilt gefällt (hurra!) und fragte, ob ich ihr den Quilt senden würde, damit sie ihn in ihrem neuen Buch verwenden könne. Aber natürlich, supergerne !!  - und gestern abend beim Quiltgruppentrefffen zeigte mir eine Quiltfreundin das Buch !! Gell man sieht, daß ich einigermaßen aufgeregt bin ?? Rayna schickt mir ein signiertes Exemplar - das ist unterwegs, aber noch nicht da ...

22 comments:

mamarazza said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh Frauke!!!!!!!!!
We are so,so,so proud of you!
When will you release YOUR first book??? ;-)
Conny

Janet said...

Frauke! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Diane Wright said...

I received my copy from Rayna on Wed and was THRILLED when I recognized YOURS! Congratulations.

Kit Lang said...

Congratulations Frauke!!!!!!!! :)

Lynn said...

Wow!!!! Congratulations!

Marj said...

Congratulations Frauke! You have come a long way in this past year. I am so happy for you.

Linda said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Madalene Murphy said...

This is wonderful! Congratulations! Hope you are celebrating.

Corinnea said...

You're published!! How very cool. I second Connie, and look forward to your first book!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Oooh, congratulations, how very exciting. I'm off to add the book to my Christmas wish list!!! (we have recently discussed how the thought of making random quilts scares me, so I'm delighted I can learn!)

collectingyourself said...

What a day! Must be like holding a baby in your hands and looking down to see something you created having a life beyond what you originally imagined! I am celebrating with you. I love your work. You deserve this honor!

Edith Bieri said...

Gratuliere und genieße es!

Clare Docherty said...

Frauke, that's brilliant!! So happy for you- many congrats, keep flying! Clare x

Deborah O'Hare said...

I was thinking about getting this book. Now it is a must!
Congratulations Frauke.

sjor said...

that's super - congrats!!! x

giddy up said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic!

SandraH said...

Ich gratuliere dir ganz herzlich dazu!!! Liebe Grüße aus Österreich
Sandra

Deborah Velásquez said...

Such great news! Congratulations Frauke!So happy for you!

Liz @ "Moments" said...

Congratulations Frauke !!!
You must be busting with pride!!
Way to go! I am so happy for you...I am happy for me...I know a famous person...you!! :-)
Enoy it and keep creating wonderful things
Happy hugs,
Liz

Marlis said...

congratulations!

Lorenza said...

congratulations Frauke!

Diane said...

Congratulations on getting published. I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for visiting mine and leaving a comment.