Friday, January 06, 2012

My word for 2012

I don't remember where I read about choosing a word for a year the first time - it might have been Marlis Egger? The idea fascinated me - but only this year I really thought, I want to do that, too. The word that found me (via Quinn) is "light".o And I just thought - yes, that's it. LIGHT ! There's so much what this word means - and I plan to let this word be my guide for 2012. I will blog about my journey with "my" word occasionally. I'm so looking forward to this experience - let there be light! Lots of it  ;-))
UPDATE: if you jumped over here from "Flytribe", welcome to my blog - I hope you enjoy your visit ! Don't miss out to learn about the words the other members of the FlyTribe picked - here's the link!

Picture taken by Jens
Ich weiß nicht mehr, wo ich das erste Mal was von "einem Wort für's Jahr" gelesen habe - es könnte bei Marlis Egger gewesen sein? Die Idee fand ich spannend - und dieses Jahr möchte ich das jetzt auch mal ausprobieren. Das Wort, das mir soozusagen auf Quinns Blog zugelaufen ist, lautet "light". Ich lasse das hier bewußt auf Englisch stehen, denn mich faszinieren gerade auch die verschiedenen Bedeutungen, die im englischen Wort stecken. Sowohl "Licht" als auch "leicht" - das sind wunderbare Worte, von denen ich mich 2012 leiten lassen möchte. Darüber werde ich sicherlich auch das eine oder andere Mal hier bloggen. Ich freue mich riesig auf dieses Abenteuer - und ich hoffe, 2012 läßt ein warmes Licht über uns alle scheinen ;-))


25 comments:

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What a great idea. I have a *favourite* word, serendipity, but never heard ofhaving a word for inspiration

(i love the sound of it, it's meaning, and the quilt block!)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Frauke .. that's a great word - as there are many connotations - all bringing harmony along with the light ..

Have a very happy 2012 quilting away - cheers Hilary

Marjorie said...

I agree with Benta - love both the word and the meaning of serendipity. But if I were to pick a word for inspiration it would be Lagniappe. (lan-yap) It's a French-Cajun word for "a little something extra" that's unexpected (like the 13th item in a baker's dozen). It works well in relationships as well as at work.

Corinnea said...

I love this too. Last year my word was joy. This year it's organize!
It will be fun to follow your word journey!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Last year I chose "dare" and "dance" as my word(s) for 2011 and you commented on them so that might have sparked the idea. I liked them so much I'm re-running them for 2012, but I think "light" is quite an inspiring choice.

Sofia Dabalsa said...

Love your word! Happy New Year Frauke!!

Sherry Richert Belul said...

Beautiful photo and wonderful, inspiring word. May 2012 bring you lightness and light! :-)

Kathy May said...

Great word Frauke!!! Happy New Year!!!! Love your quilts BTW!!!

Jamie Burch said...

Beautiful word choice! Hope your year is filled with light and happy blessings. :)

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Oh Frauke, I love your word. Even as I read your post I felt the spark and uplifting power that word has. May it guide you to let your own light shine in 2012. Blessings

Tinachicky said...

I love your word!!

Mary said...

Light is such an energizing and uplifting word! So happy to be flying with you. Wishing you a "light" filled 2012!

That Girl Designs said...

What a great word! I think we could all use more light in our lives. Just so wonderful!

Kathaina said...

Great word, Frauke. Wishing you a year filled with light and happiness! Glückliches Neues Jahr!

zulma said...

what a refreshing word!

Lori said...

Light is a great word and can have so many different meanings so it will be wonderful to watch you embrace as you move through 2012. xoxo

Melanie said...

What a great word for the year! I can see many possibilities. Have a wonderfully creative 2012! Happy Flying!

Kelly said...

Frauke, I just love this word. After reading something you posted a few days ago, I was going to switch my word to lighten. You're right, Light has so many wonderful meanings and connections. I wish you lots of light in 2012!

Linda said...

I love your word. Very powerful!

Carol said...

Love your word and the photo you used! Wishing you the best for 2012!

Mary said...

Light is a beautiful word and will surely guide you in the year ahead. I love quilts too and they bring warmth and light to the world.

Carmen Patti said...

Love your word, and I have to say I love your profile picture. You express lightness in your face in a lovely fun way!

Ursula said...

Fräulein, as I have told you before, I luv your work. Luv the word you have chosen as well! Happy 2012!!

chelle said...

its a great word Frauke, wishing you lots of light in 2012, Happy New Year to you!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

LIGHT is such a good word! I hope it serves you well this coming year!