Friday, February 03, 2012

That red sail again

Thank you for your advice about my red-sail-dilemma! I took a close-up of the top right corner (with the questionable red sail):
Vielen Dank für Eure Meinungsäußerungen zu meinem rotes-Segel-Dilemma! Hier ist eine Nahaufnahme der rechten oberen Ecke, mit dem fraglichen roten Segel:
I tried a mock-up with a piece of blue fabric instead:
Dann habe ich mal ein Stück blauen Stoff drübergesteckt:

And I wondered how it would look if I add another red sail somewhere else in the quilt ... that looks promising to me!
Und ich probierte aus, ob mir ein zweites rotes Segel an einer anderen Stelle im Quilt gefallen würde ... ja, würde es!

4 comments:

Diane Wright said...

I like it better with two. I am partial to Fibbonacci number series. 1,2,3,5,8....etc. 1 is an okay number but 2 and 3 are better IMHO

Lynn said...

I agree with Diane. I like it better with two or more. One of something could be an accident/mistake. Two or more is intentional.

Susanne said...

Ohne rotes Segel ist langeweilig, ich würde auch mehrere reinmachen, das peppt!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Frauke .. I prefer the first one! - but can see Diane and Lynn's thoughts re two sails ...

I don't think you saw my post recently about Fibonacci and his flowers ..
http://positiveletters.blogspot.com/2012/01/go-figure.html

Would love to be able to quilt - that looks just wonderful ..

Cheers Hilary