Monday, March 26, 2012

More pictures from the exhibition

You asked for it - well, I have some more exhibition pictures for you ;-)) Today, I'm sharing a rare opportunity I got during the show!
Na gut, ich hab da noch ein paar Bilder von der Ausstellung für Dich ;-)) Heute zeige ich eine ganz besondere Gelegenheit, die ich während der Ausstellung bekam ...
The lady you see sitting to the right was our cashier for coffee and cake. Friday afternoon, that was my job. And here's what I got to look at during those hours:
Die Dame rechts im Bild schiebt gerade Kassendienst - für Kaffee und Kuchen. Freitag nachmittag war das mein Job. Und das habe ich während dieser Stunden zu sehen bekommen:
from left to right: Occasional 2, Mystery, Occasional 1
See what I mean? How often do you get to sit in front of THREE of your quilts for hours, with spare moments in between - so you can really look and observe? I got my notebook out and jotted down what came to my mind, and yes, some more ideas are now breeding ;-))
Siehst Du, was ich meine? wie oft kriege ich die Gelegenheit, vor drei meiner Quilts für längere Zeit zu sitzen, immer wieder auch mal mit Leerlauf dazwischen - und mal wirklich zu gucken, zu vergleichen, zu überlegen? Zack, hatte ich mein Notizbuch vor mir und hab aufgeschrieben, was mir so aufgefallen ist - und ja, da sind auch neue Ideen dabei ;-))
And now two more quilts that made me smile everytime I looked at them:
Miez and Miezmiez, by Herma H. / Mola Applique

"Für Michaela" by Anneliese P., a wool quilt
Tomorrow I'll show you six beautiful ninepatch-quilts - yes, all of us 6 got them done and into the show, and they hang all together ;-))
Und morgen zeige ich Dir sechs wunderbare Ninepatch-Quilts - jaaaaa, wir haben alle 6 unsere Quilts fertig bekommen und sie hingen alle zusammen in der Show ;-)))

6 comments:

mamarazza said...

Some people fear to get eye cancer when sitting opposite to 2 purple quilts for hours!!!!! ;-)
Our show was great, but I'm happy about some time to relax now. And maybe start sewing for the next show...?

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

What a difficult job you had to do! Lucky you

Edith Bieri said...

Schade reichte meine Zeit nicht eure Ausstellung zu besuchen!

Deborah O'Hare said...

Your quilts look great, hanging there is a row!

Liz - Moments said...

That was cool to sit in front of your quilts... You must of been on cloud nine!!
Thanks for sharing pictures of the show :-)
XXX

Corinnea said...

So glad I was able to attend that show once.... your quilts look wonderful together!