Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Did you ever look at the inside of envelopes?

Last weekend we got rid of some old envelopes ... and while we opened them and took out what was in, I realized that a lot of those envelopes had a pattern on the inside. So, I saved them ... I hope to do a mixed media piece with them eventually. Guess some will say that I now MUST have lost my mind completely ;-))
Hast du schon mal auf die Innenseiten von Briefumschlägen geguckt? Wir haben letztes Wochenende einige alte Umschläge entsorgt - und während wir sie aufgemacht haben und den Inhalt rausgefischt haben, fiel mir auf - jede Menge von diesen Umschlägen haben ein sehr interessantes Muster auf der Innenseite! Also habe ich sie erst mal auf die Seite gelegt ... ich will sie irgendwann in einem Mixed Media Teil verarbeiten. Fast fürchte ich, einige werden mich jetzt für völlig übergeschnappt halten ;-))

11 comments:

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Well, I don't know about the rest of your mind, but you certainly haven't lost the creative portion of it. What a great idea! But I think you have a lot more variety in your envelope linings in Germany than we have in the US. Of course, I haven't really looked at ours.

Marj said...

Well, some people might think that, but who cares. I think inspiration should come from whatever strikes you. They are interesting patterns...

Kit Lang said...

I never get lettermail anymore (bills online, everything else by email), but I do remember these kinds of envelopes from when I was younger - they're lovely. Good idea to use them!

Marjorie said...

Shall I start saving you envelope guts then? Is traffic-ing of stationary parts across international lines a punishable offense?

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

Try ironing them onto fabric. I haven't tried with envelopes, but a friend showed me it works with the decorated paper bags that shops sometimes use, and you can sometimes transfer the pattern two or three times

Deborah O'Hare said...

I don't think you have lost your mind! I have been collecting them ever since doing an Art Journal course. They make great pages!

Sabine said...

...aber es gibt auch welche, die diese Innenseiten von Umschlägen schon seit geraumer Zeit ebenfalls verarbeiten...

Anonymous said...

Ich finde das gar nicht verrückt!! Ich habe schon Briefumschläge mit Landkarten innen aus dem Büro mitgenommen... die warten hier auch auf Verarbeitung...
Liebe Grüße Anja

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Da mußte ich jetzt echt ganz breit grinsen! Ich sammle alles mögliche Papierzeug, obwohl ich "eigentlich" nieeee Mixed-Media machen will. Der Mann im Haus versteht's nicht :-) Briefumschläge sind noch nicht mit dabei...

Tina said...

Things you look at and think about. I am shaking my head, because it is so you and I know you will make something awesome and inspiring with them.

Eileen said...

Had to laugh! I have to force myself to throw away things like that most of the time as i'm way too much of a hoarder as it is! Love papers, fabrics, wood...especially well worn wood or well sanded. Those are beautiful and will be interesting to see what you do with them. Would be fun to see if you can find fabrics with similar designs? Have a great day