Friday, May 25, 2012

Gave it a try ...

I was the first one to lend the book Inspirations in Design for the Creative Quilter by Katie Masopust from the library of my local quilt guild, the Black Forest Quilters. The rule is - if you are the first one to take a book home, you have to do something from it. Oh oh ...
So, here is what I did!
First, I did a watercolor painting, using mostly straight lines. As this was ok, but something was missing, I added the white and yellow spots.
Ich war die Glückliche, die als Erste das Buch Inspirations in Design for the Creative Quilter by Katie Masopust aus der Bücherei der Black Forest ausleihen durfte. Die Regel dazu lautet: Wenn Du die Erste bist, die das Buch mit heim nimmt, dann mußt Du was daraus machen. Oh oh ... das hab' ich gemacht: 
Zuerst habe ich mit Wasserfarben gemalt, hauptsächlich mit geraden Linien. Das war zwar ganz ok, aber es fehlte noch was. Also kamen noch gelbe und weiße Tupfen drauf.
Second, I did an outline drawing of the shapes on transparent paper.
Als nächstes habe ich auf Transparentpapier die ganzen Linien nachgezogen.
Third, I created a top ... all pieces are fused down.

Und dann habe ich ein Top daraus gemacht - alle Teile sind mit doppelseitig klebendem Vliesofix aufgebügelt.
And yes ... I think this will become a finished piece. Next, I see some stitches on this ... maybe some paint?
Doch, ich denke, das wird mal ein fertiges Teil werden. Als nächstes werde ich wohl ein paar Stiche reinsetzen - und vielleicht ein bißchen Farbe ?

4 comments:

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

This is definitely worth finishing. What a happy piece!

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

I don't know this book, but it looks like fun, what pressure when you borrow a new book!!

Deborah O'Hare said...

Katie Masopust is one of my favourite quilt artists. She has a great episode on The Quilt Show which is well worth watching.
I look forward to the stitching :)

Tina said...

I am not getting the second step. Why trace the straight lines to paper? But I like what you did so far, another piece I am looking forward to when it is done.