Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Occasional - let's split it up!

Thank you so much for all your comments on my last post about Occasional 4. I do feel honored about the voices saying "make it one quilt!" I hope you'll like my idea - let's welcome Occasional 4, 5 and 6 !

Vielen Dank für all die wunderbaren Kommentare zu Occasional 4. Es freut mich sehr, dass so viele das gute Stück "ganz" lassen wollen. Ich hoffe, Du magst meine Idee - darf ich vorstellen: Occasional 4, 5 und 6 ! 

One of the 4  pieces is very strong on its own - this one is going to become Occasional 4.
Eins der 4 Teile wirkt auch alleine schon sehr stark - das wird Occasional 4 werden.

Two others will be joined to become Occasional 5.
Zwei weitere werden zusammen zu Occasional 5 werden.

And one was pretty small, so I'm adding to it right now - it will become Occasional 6.  And yes, I'm pretty excited about the "sketch" you see in this picture ;-))
Und dann wäre da noch das Nesthäkchen, an dem ich gerade arbeite - das wird Occasional 6 werden. Die "Skizze", die du auf dem Bild siehst, finde ich momentan sehr sehr spannend ;-))
Update: I'm linking up with Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday - jump over and explore some great textile Art !

14 comments:

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Excellent choices! Each has its own voice. Love the energy!

LyonelB said...

Wow, Frauke, so hast Du eine tolle Lösung gefunden!
LG Viola

sewkalico said...

Such interesting work.

Frau U. said...

Ich hoffe, Du hast ihn oder alle bis Mai fertig !!! Das wir die auch in der Galerie präsentieren können :-)
LG Frau U.

mamarazza said...

Klasse Idee! Und wieder 3 mehr für Deine Ausstellung :-))
Ich bin schon gespannt auf die Originale.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Good compromise!

Linda M said...

Yes! I like your choices.

Kit Lang said...

You'll be a busy girl, Frauke! :)

Sylvia said...

I really enjoyed seeing how this has evolved.

Cathy said...

I love all of the pieces in this post. They make me feel joy!

Judy Ferguson said...

This will make a wonderful quilt. Great choices. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

diannajessie said...

They all look fabulous, You look like you've have loads of fun mixing, splitting them up and matching:)

Sharon Rotz said...

I love these blocks, yes, smaller groupings lets each one shine.

Nina Marie said...

ohhh love this - its going great!