Friday, March 08, 2013

Occasional 5 - I'll need my seam ripper ...

This part of Occasional 5 will come off my design wall this weekend ... I stared at the part I marked for quite a while, and yes, it bothers me. I don't like how the bright orange strip is cut off on the right side, and I think it needs a strip the striped fabric , too. Right now, it just looks "cut off without any reason to me. So - my seam ripper will take care of the problem ;-))
If you would like to see some more successful art quilters ... jump over to "Off the Wall Friday"!
An diesem Teil von Occasional 5 werde ich nächstes Wochenende nochmal auftrennen. Der Teil, den ich mit dem schwarzen Kringel markiert habe, springt mir jedesmal ins Auge, das sieht einfach nicht richtig aus. Weder gefällt mir, dass der kräftig orangene Streifen rechts abgeschnitten ist, noch gefällt mir, daß dann auch der vierte Streifen von dem Hemdenstoff fehlt. Es sieht einfach aus wie "abgeschnitten ohne jeden Grund dafür" - und das gefällt mir nicht. Also, her mit dem Nahttrenner ...
Ich verlinke diesen Blogpost "trotzdem" zu "Off the Wall Friday" - da gibts heute bestimmt wieder tolle Quilts zu sehen !

7 comments:

Wil said...

I agree with you. A yellow instead of that orange would fit better.

Sylvia said...

It isn't a big fix, but if it completes the piece for you, you should change it out. I can't wait to see this piece quilted, I have enjoyed watching it evolve!

Katherine McNeese said...

great colors! and you are the only one who notices this "problem"

Judy Ferguson said...

I actually like it. It adds an interesting variety to the others. I would leave it.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

It does look a bit like it's a little shy--trying to hide behind that solid blue.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Frauke. Now, you see, I think you should leave it the way it is for this reason: it's different and unexpected. The viewer expects to see everything framed up properly, but that one isn't--surprise!
And it will look great, anyway you do it!
best, nadia

Nina Marie said...

so funny how little things will bother you about a piece - now if seam rippers came with hot men to do the ripping that would be great!