Friday, March 29, 2013

Occasional 5 - ripped apart

Some of your comments to my last post about Occasional 5 got me thinking - thank you so much for that ! You know that nagging little voice you hear all the time ? Finally I gave in and listened to that voice. As Occasional 5 is supposed to become a bigger quilt, I think Luitgard is right - Occasional 5 needs some places for the eye to rest. Next tool I got out was my seam ripper ;-)) Yes, I took it apart. And that's how it looks now on my design wall ;-))
Einige Kommentare zu meinem letzten Blogpost über Occasional 5 stimmten mich nachdenklich - vielen Dank für die Denkanstöße !! Kennst du diese kleine nagende (oder auch: nervige ...) Stimme, die im Hintergrund immer vor sich hin mault? Irgendwann hab ich dann doch mal zugehört, was diese Stimme zu sagen hatte. Occasional 5 soll ja ein größerer Quilt werden, und ich dachte dann - Luitgard hat recht, dieser Quilt braucht ein paar Ruheplätzchen fürs Auge. Also war der nächste Schritt - auftrennen! Nicht ganz, aber ziemlich weitgehend habe ich die beiden Teile erst mal wieder auseinandergenommen. Und so sieht's jetzt an meiner Design Wall aus ;-))

I'm linking back to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Fridays" - jump over and enjoy a visual feast !
Ich verlinke diesen Post mit Nina-Maries "Off the Wall Fridays" - dort gibt's einiges zu entdecken !

10 comments:

Mary Stori said...

Looking good!! Now you can truly appreciate the exciting design of each of the blocks! I'm sure you'll find a way to pull it all together again/

Heather P said...

I can't wait to see how this progresses! The blocks are lovely.

Margarita Korioth said...

It is looking good..just wait till this composition speaks to you... Your blocks are colorful and dinamic....one day you will figure it out.

diannajessie said...

I have liked this quilt from the very start. The blocks you have created are interesting and the colours are some of my favourite combined. Because of the business of the blocks there is lots of movement and energy - I think I would like it however you combined them, just go for it:)

QuiltSwissy said...

Very interesting. I am looking forward to see how it goes back together.

jpd said...

This is looking very modern with the negative space around the blocks. I can see it simply stitched with white as you have it laid out here.

Sylvia said...

I really like this piece! It have evolved so much over the past few weeks.

Linda A. Miller said...

Wunderbar! I like the spaces between your energetic blocks adds more interest.

Quilt or Dye said...

Brave woman!

Nina Marie said...

wow - it does take courage to take apart a piece. But still - I am in total agreement that if it was nagging you - then just do it. No sense in having it bother you all the time if you don't! I am for quiet places - but to tell you the truth - I didn't mind the busy piecing of your quilt - it was playful. Can't wait to see NOW where its going - grin!