Friday, July 19, 2013

Occasional 5 - an (almost) finished top !!

It has been a while since I posted about Occasional 5 ... and most of the time, it spent hanging on my design wall. Till I decided - I'm not going to take it down and put it away, because I want to work on someting else. NO!
I'm going to finish it. And here it is - almost finished ;-)) As you can see clearly, it needs some attention on the left side ;-)) But still, it can now leave the design wall and I can work on something else - consider me relieved ...

I'm linking up with Nina-Marie - for "Off the wall Friday" - jump over and explore some great art work !
Es ist schon ein ganzes Weilchen her, dass ich zuletzt über Occasional 5 gepostet hatte ... und seitdem hing er an meiner Design-Wand herum. Bis ich jetzt entschieden habe - es reicht, ich werde ihn nicht runternehmen und halbfertig weglegen, weil ich an was anderem arbeiten will.
Nix da!
Ich mach' ihn fertig ... und tata - hier ist das Top, so gut wie fertig ... wie du sicherlich deutlich siehst, muß da auf der linken Seite noch was passieren ;-)) Aber dennoch, Occasional 5 darf nun die Design-Wand verlassen, und ich kann an was anderem arbeiten - yep, darüber bin ich einigermaßen froh !

Ich verlinke diesen Post mit Nina-Marie's "Off the wall Friday" - viel Spaß beim Gucken, da gibt's sicherlich wieder einige tolle Sachen zu entdecken!

12 comments:

Julia said...

Love these broken up boxes. It's something I'd like to try sometime.

Mary Stori said...

Wow....love it....esp. the shifting you did on some of the blocks!

MulticoloredPieces said...

So cool! The fracturing of some of the blocks makes the piece very interesting.

Shannon said...

This is wonderful, I love the skinny lines of color going through the squares! Great piece!

Quilter Beth said...

I love the funky look of this quilt. It looks like it has lots of reds, oranges, and blues--my favorites.

Linda A. Miller said...

Glad to see you back! The work is such a wonderful expression of movement and energy. Really dynamic!

Quilt Rat said...

Such an incredibly interesting piece.....lots of wonderful colours and angles to view!

Ellen Parrott said...

Really like your color choices and the look of the fractured blocks. Very dynamic!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

my eyes jump from block to block, love it!

Sherri D said...

Wonderfully organized chaos!

Corinnea said...

I have been a terrible at commenting lately but I just had to say this is gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Wow, this looks great! Love your colors and the fractured blocks keep my eye moving around. Wonderful piece!